Dr. Hina Bijalbhai Baraiya
Department was established in 1995 in old building in Sir Takhtsinhji Hospital campus with annual intake capacity of 50 students. In March 2000 department was shifted to newly constructed spacious college building located at Dr.H.L. Vaidhya Marg Bhavnagar. Department is located on fourth floor and has adequate infrastructure to cater the need of 150 admissions per year. In the academic year 2006-07 admission capacity was raised to 100 with the permission of medical council of india. Department also participate in teaching to students of medical laboratory teaching training course run by Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Govt. of Gujarat for inservice and outside candidates. Govt.of Gujarat has decided to apply to Central Government to raise undergraduate admission capacity to 150 from academic year 2007-08.
Department also participate in teaching to students of B.Sc. Nursing & Post Graduate courses & research.
A clinical biochemistry lab is runed by the Dept. in Sir T Hospital Bhavnagar.
1. Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory provides facilities of Biochemistry investigations 24x7( 365 days)
Routine Biochemistry investigations:-
Diabetic profile - Glucose, HbA1C
Renal function test – Urea, Creatinine, Uric acid
Liver Function Test- Total Bilirubin, Direct Bilirubin, Indirect Bilirubin, SGPT(ALT), SGOT(AST), Alkaline phosphatase, Total protein, Albumin, Globulin, A : G Ratio,
Lipid Profile – Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, VLDL, Total Cholesterol : HDL Ratio
Electrolytes -Sodium(Na+), Potassium(K+), Chloride(Cl-), Ionised Calcium
Cardiac profile - CK-MB, LDH, SGOT(AST).
Others –Serum Osmolality, Amylase,
Thyroid Profile - Total Triiodo-thyronine (T3), Total Thyroxine (T4), Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
1st NABL accredited Government laboratory in India
Award is given to the Dean Dr. B D Parmar & lab director Dr Hariom sharma (laboratory services Sir T Hospital, Bhavnagar) for being 1st NABL accredited Government lab in entire country by honourable Health Minister Dr Jaynarayan vyas at Golden glory hall, karnavati club Ahemedabad.
CERTIFICATION FOR APPRECIATION
1.Certificate of appreciation for outstanding contribution in the field of healthcare quality at national conference on best practice in healthcare delivery on 29th april,2011, ahmedabad, gujrat
In presence of
1) Dr.Y.P.Bhatia ,Chairman (I.H.C.KU.F)
2)Dr. Giridhar Gyani, Secretory General Q.C of India.
3)Smt. Anjana Sharma, Commissioner Health And Secretary, Govt. of Guj.
BEST ACHIEVEMENT FOR NABL ACCREDITATION
This award is given to Dr. Hariom Sharma by Dr. Amarjeet Sinh, Commissioner of Health, Gujarat On 07/04/2009
Gold Medal in MD examination all over the university
Dr. Tejas Shah had got Gold Medal in MD examination in bhavnagar university in year 2012.
Dr. Sahema Shaikh had
Coordinating NABL programme since 2006
Dr. Hariom Sharma is acting as state coordinator for NABL accreditation programme for all Govt. medical College laboratories since 2006
Dr. Hariom Sharma is Lab Director of Laboratory Services Sir T hospital
Dr. Hariom Sharma is in-charge of Central research laboratory of the college.
Dr. Hariom Sharma is a team member of Centre of Excellence for Phlebotomy. This project has signed MOU between Dept. of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of Guajarat and BD Diagnostics India, to train the blood collection centre technician and nursing staff for the best practices for Phlebotomy.
There are two parts of Examinations
|Department of Biochemistry|
Dr. Hina Bijalbhai Baraiya
1. H.O.Sharma, S.K.Sharma, A comparative study on the effects of gemfibrozil, diltiazem and Isosorbide dinitrate on lipid profile in the patients of Ischaemic Heart disease in India, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 1997, 12(1), 45-48.
2. H.O.Sharma, Establishment of dietary pattern of Gujarat region of India, on the basis of Na+-Glucose co-transport system National Workshop on Scope and Emerging trends in Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Institute of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Sciences, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar on 1st August, 2006
3. Parvati B. Patel, T. K. Patel, P. Shah, Seema N. Baxi, H. O. Sharma, C. B. Tripathi, Protective effect of ethanol extract of Gymnosporia Montana (Roth) Bemth in Paracetamol induced Hepatotoxicity in Wistar Rats, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2010 May-Jun; 72(3): 392–396
4. Parvati B. Patel, Tejas K. Patel, Sunil Patani, Seema N. Baxi, H. O. Sharma, C. B. Tripathi, Hepatotoxicity studies of Nimesulide in Litters of Rat, National Journal of Integrated Research in Medicine, 2011; Vol 2(1), Jan-March, 16-21.
5. Pankil Shah, H. O.